21/11/2012

Everybody's got a dark side. Do you love me? Can you love mine?


OH MY GOSH.  This semester is draining the life out of me.  I don’t know if I’ve written a single update since this semester, but it’s just awful.  The thing that makes it the most unbearable is the length of our school days.  8-4 on Monday, 10-4 on the other days.  The length of your average day at a desk job, you say?  Yes, but time at a desk job is spent actually working.  I am sitting and listening to (boring) people talk at me for 6 hours a day.  It’s so draining.  We also had like 10 exams in 7 weeks or something stupid like that.
I’ve actually gotten to do some fun things recently!  First of all, I got SCUBA certified and I got to go on a couple of dives as part of my training.  It was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done.  Fish of every different color, sting rays, gigantic lobsters, and jellyfish!  It was incredible.  Next on my SCUBA list:  shark dive.  They do one in St. Maarten that I want to go to now.  Either way, I just can’t wait to go on another dive.
I also went deep sea fishing recently.  It was my first time and I caught two fish.  Just little groupers, but a proud moment, nonetheless.  I got kind of seasick, despite taking some anti-nausea medication beforehand.  It was a long day out in the sun with some very aggressive waves, but it was still really fun.
My brain has been doing this thing where it makes me believe that I am in fifth semester, instead of fourth.  Wishful thinking.  We got our book and supply list for next semester and I am actually going to get to do some hands-on stuff next semester!  I can’t wait.  I had to buy some supplies, but it was well worth the money and I look forward to actually getting to use them.
We had our semester’s fundraiser last week - the Last Cup tournament (beer pong).  Although I was awful at beer pong, I had tons of fun at the event.  I won’t go into it, but beer pong + dancing + friends = a good time.  I also just got home from another fundraiser - the Josh Project Staff Cook-Off.  They put it on every semester and it’s basically a food competition between the Ross staff.  A pathology professor has won the last few semesters and I got to try her dish tonight.  Not bad!  I got to try a lot of new foods and fill up my stomach for only 20EC, so I’d say it was a successful night.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and although I have to be away from my family, I’m so excited to get to go home soon.  Only about 3 1/2 weeks to go!  It’s going to be a rough couple of weeks with finals coming up, but there’s a light at the end of the tunnel now.
Ok, PD is begging for my attention and I can't resist my little nugget so I have to go snuggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment